Thursday, September 3, 2015

Mushrooms

This morning I was out for my morning constitutional with my wife, when we came upon a couple of whopping field mushrooms growing at the edge of a park flower bed. Quick as a flash, we picked them and ran home. You can see them in the pics below, the biggest measures 10" across.


 

Now, I say "field mushrooms" but I could be wrong; they could be poisonous and we're about to have death on toast for breakfast. But I don't think so. The cap is whitey-brown in colour, with pink gills and a white collar on the stalk. They totally conform to pictures and descriptions of edible mushrooms. So we're going to tuck in now. Yum!

p.s. If you don't hear from me again, you'll know why ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.